Choice Based credit System (CBCS) for B.A.-1/B.Sc-1/B.Com-1
- A pass in the Higher Secondary (+2) Examination (Academic Stream) conducted by the H.P. Board of school Education or an examination accepted as equivalent there to by the various bodies of the HP University.
- Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with arts/humanities stream shall be give preference in admission to BA programme.
- Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Science stream shall be give preference in admission to B.Sc programme.
- Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Commerce stream shall be give preference in admission to B.Com programme.
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years (25 years for girl) of age as on 01/07/2014 and must not have been born earlier to 01/07/1991. However in age of overage candidate, the vise-chancellor may allow age relaxation up to 6 months. In case of scheduled caste/ scheduled Tribe, student’s relaxation up to 3 years is allowed as per rules.
- An applicant failing in all subjects or having a compartment in 10 + 2 will not be admitted.
At the time of admission each student will identified a major (main) subjects in which he/she will concentrate and the minor (allied) subject which he/she would like study. Major would be the subject in which the student will have to take core course (hard & soft core and/or elective). Major once defined would not be changed unless the students quits a programme and joins a new programme. Minor, on the other hand, would be the subject that would be chosen by the students out of number of subject’s combination (at least two subjects in each subject’s combination). In these subjects the students will be required to accumulate a certain minimum number(120 credits) of credits in order to qualify for the UG degree.
For the Degree
- The candidate shall have to undergo the prescribe courses of study in a Collage affiliated to the H.P. University for a period not less than three academic years (and not more than five academic years), passed the examination prescribed and fulfill such conditions as have been prescribed therefore.
- For the degree (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.) the student will have to cumulate a minimum of 120 successful credit hours of course work over a minimum of three and a maximum of five years from the date of admission.
- Provided that not more than three attempts will be allowed to pass a course.
- English, Hindi, Sanskrit.
- Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Mathematics, Physical Education.
- Music Vocal ,Music Instrument , Journalism & Mass Communication, Tours and Travel
B.Sc. (Science/Physical Sciences/Bio-Sciences)
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geography.
- Mathematics, Computer Science/Applications.
- Commerce, Management.